One of the great features of the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud is that it is compatible with a great variety of data sources, SAP and non-SAP sources.
During the Beta, you are able to connect the following sources:
- ODATA (using SAP HANA smart data access)
- SAP S/4 HANA Cloud (via ODATA)
- SAP S/4 HANA on premise (using SAP HANA smart data integration ABAP Adapter)
- SAP BW/4HANA (using ABAP Adapter)
- SAP BW on any DB (using ABAP Adapter)
Let’s look at how to establish these connections to remote data sources. In a later step, we’ll assign specific data sources (connections) to our Spaces:
1) In your option menu on the bottom left, click on the Datasources Icon.
2) This brings you to the Connections overview page. As you can see, we have already connected some sources to our Data Warehouse Cloud.
Now, let’s connect another source!
3) Click the + sign in the top right corner.
4) You’ll be prompted to click on any of the available sources. The search function helps you with your selection, once more data sources become available after the Beta program.
5) Select your source, e.g. SAP HANA. Enter Source Name, Host Name, Port Number, User Name, and Password to clearly identify the correct source. Then, press Confirm. And that’s basically it. Once you hit Confirm, the connection between the remote data sources and our SAP Data Warehouse Cloud is made. How to utilize these connections now and add them to a specific work Space, we’ll learn in a later step.