Starting your trial when you have an existing SAP Cloud Platform trial account
If you currently have an active trial account in SAP Cloud Platform, then you need to enable an entitlement before you can start your SAP HANA Cloud trial. If you are doing HDI development, you should also check if your entitlements for the HDI Containers and HANA Schemas is correctly assigned. Here is what you need to do:
- To start, click on your Subaccount.
- Then click on Entitlements on the left-hand side menu.
- Make sure you have entitlements for the services (and service plans) listed below:
- SAP HANA Cloud: hana, hana-cloud-connection, and relational-data-lake
- SAP HANA Schemas & HDI Containers: hdi-shared, schema, and securestore
You will see two options in the list related to Schemas and HDI containers. Please make sure to select the one that does not say “(trial)”, as you can see on the screenshot below.
- If you do not have any of the entitlements above, you need to add them to your account. To do that, click on Configure Entitlements on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Add Service Plans in the same area of the screen.
- In the search box, type HANA.
- Select the missing entitlements by checking the boxes.
- Click on Add the X services, where X is the amount of services you want to add.
- On the top right-hand side of the screen, make sure to click on Save.
Congratulations, you have added the SAP HANA Cloud entitlement to your existing trial account on SAP Cloud Platform! You can then immediately create your trial instance of SAP HANA Cloud and start your journey.