Prior to implementing SAP Analytics Cloud, CFG was leveraging a local software system which allowed them to track participation and hours of delivery but struggled to fully showcase the life–changing impact football was having on young people in their programmes.
To tackle these challenges, CFG turned to SAP and implemented an end-to-end solution, offering real-time insights into the impact football was having on participants across the world.
This end-to-end solution includes the following:
- Custom digital survey application built with SAP Fiori to allow CFG to create customized surveys in six different languages on the fly and in turn, deploy the digital surveys via a URL link to youth in real time. In addition, charities can track and record project metrics such as youth demographics, and yearly growth targets.
- Custom project tracking application uses SAP Fiori to record project details, financial data and project targets. Project activities can also to be recorded at mid-year and end of year to measure against initial targets, helping CFG in turn to evaluate their investment and make future decisions.
- SAP Integration Suite fosters real time data integration from the custom digital survey application directly into SAP Analytics Cloud allowing an end-to-end cloud native digital experience.
- SAP HANA Cloud as the underlying data storage component.
- SAP Analytics Cloud provides advanced analytics to survey data in real time.
This software allows Cityzens Giving to deploy surveys across the world. Grant reporting and information is captured through survey functionality powered by Fiori. As soon as a grantee submits a survey response, information is collected and stored in SAP HANA Cloud. With this fully-managed database as a service, CFG can connect their disparate data sources in one central access layer. When needed, they can easily scale up their storage capabilities. As this survey data becomes available, CFG can see it through real-time access by connecting SAP Analytics Cloud to SAP HANA Cloud and begin slicing and dicing to pull insights.
All of these functionalities are powered by the SAP Business Technology Platform, which connects business applications, processes, and data through a combination of technologies for database and data management, analytics, application development and integration, and intelligent technologies.
Through SAP Analytics Cloud, Cityzens Giving can generate reports to show the numbers of participants they reach and their demographics, as well as the impact they are having. For instance, the team gets a snapshot of what percentage of kids across the globe in a survey are reporting improvement in areas such as confidence, educational attainment, health, and friendships.
The SAP Analytics Cloud dashboard features geo-spatial filtering and drill–down capabilities for deeper data analysis. In addition, the multi–layer security allows charity partners to analyse project specific insights as well. What’s more, the machine learning functionality in SAP Analytics Cloud “Search to Insight” allows users to ask a question to reveal insights in real-time.
CFG leveraged the expertise and guidance of consultants from the SAP Business Transformation Services Data and Analytics Hub, who took their time at the start of the project to ensure there was time to pilot and test and refine.