Introducing the SAP Analytics Cloud add-in for Microsoft Office
SAP Analytics Cloud for Microsoft Office makes working directly in your favorite desktop applications even better. This add-in will enable you to integrate SAP Analytics Cloud directly with Microsoft Excel. As such, you can leverage the familiar functionalities of Microsoft Excel, allowing you to get even more out of the SAP Analytics Cloud’s analytics and planning capabilities.
Using any Microsoft Office version, you can explore SAP Analytics Cloud models in greater detail. This makes it even easier to analyze your plans, simulate future outcomes, and take the most effective business actions.
SAP Analytics Cloud add-in for Microsoft Office was designed to aid those who want more flexibility during the reporting and planning process.
Some noteworthy features include:
- Report on SAP Analytics Cloud models and write back data into different versions: You can publish different versions of your data and revert them in case you would like to discard your changes.
- Pivoting and filter features: You can use pivoting and filter features within the highly interactive table to easily create your ad hoc reports. This is available in Excel (online or desktop – and planned: iPad).
- Add any calculations and use formulas to easily create added value.
- Collaborate: Teamwork is essential when working on your analytic and planning scenarios. Using the new add-in, you can collaborate with your colleagues using any laptop at work, home, or on the road.
To see these features in action, watch this introductory video here.
If you want to use SAP Analytics Cloud add-in for Microsoft Office, you would need to meet the following prerequisites:
- Have an SAP Analytics Cloud tenant – for more information, please refer to our SAP Analytics Cloud product page
- SAP Analytics Cloud deployment on Cloud Foundry
- Configure the tenant as described in this documentation
- Access to Microsoft Office store or if you need to centrally deploy the add-in: Exchange online
- Have a MS Office 365 license
- Have a Data-acquired in SAP Analytics Cloud models
- Operating systems specifics:
- Windows environment: Excel online, Desktop app
- Mac environment: Excel online, Desktop app
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
General Platform Information
Additionally, it is very easy to deploy the add-in. It does not require any installation or packaging of software as it’s a cloud-based deployment. The admin will be able to activate and easily distribute the add-in to their users. After, the users will automatically see the add-in with the new ribbon tab in their Excel environment. All updates will be automatically pushed to users – no further action required!
To stay up to date with the latest updates for this add-in, check out our SAP Analytics Cloud Roadmap.
Try out the SAP Analytics Cloud add-in for Microsoft Office Today
To try out the Microsoft add-in for yourself, you can download the add-in for free from the Microsoft Office Store. If you are looking for specific information about the add-in, take a moment to read Jeanne Bigonnet’s blog on this feature, or see our help guide.