This blog covers some of the latest features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2021.08.
Please note that the SAP Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.317 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven't upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.235 for SAP HANA view
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.233 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.248 for File Server
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see the System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
SAP Analytics Cloud fully supports Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome for all activities and areas of SAP Analytics Cloud including viewing, authoring and administration.
Highlights of this release
- Dashboard & Story Design
- Data Visualization
- Analytics Design
This blog provides a high-level overview of the latest features in SAP Analytics Cloud. If you're looking to get more information about these features, please visit the Help documentation here.
Dashboard & Story Design
As we announced in Release 2021.06, a new model type is now available in SAP Analytics Cloud. Here, you can create measures within the model – providing increased flexibility and adding key benefits for both analytics and planning.
We are excited to also announce that exploration of the new model type is now also possible. Here are some important details for you to know:
- When using the new model type with measures and an account dimension, the Explorer now shows facets for Accounts, Measures, and Dimensions.
- For classic account models, or the new model type with measures and no account dimension, the Explorer now shows facets for Measures, Cross Calculations (as required), and Dimensions.
Please note that ‘Show Measure’ is not available for new model types just yet.
The SAP Analytics Cloud Custom widget framework lets you extend the predefined set of widgets provided by analytics designer with your own custom widgets. This is particularly useful if you need a specific user interface element, a particular visualization of data, or a certain functionality in your analytic application that is not provided by the predefined set of widgets.
With the latest enhancement to the custom widget feature, custom widgets now work not only in Google Chrome, but also in Microsoft Edge for versions 79 and higher. Looking to start incorporating custom widgets into your work? Check out this Quick Start Guide to learn how.