This blog covers some of the latest features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2021.09.
Please note that the SAP Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.319 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven't upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.235 for SAP HANA view
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.233 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.248 for File Server
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see the System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
SAP Analytics Cloud fully supports Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome for all activities and areas of SAP Analytics Cloud including viewing, authoring and administration.
Highlights of this release
- Dashboard & Story Design
- Data Visualization
- Analytics Platform Services
- Add-in for Microsoft Office
This blog provides a high-level overview of the latest features in SAP Analytics Cloud. If you're looking to get more information about these features, please visit the Help documentation here.
Dashboard & Story Design
With release 2021.09, newly created tables will have the Optimized Presentation enabled by default. Some of the advantages you can expect with this new table structure are smooth scrolling, automatic table resizing, and consistent row heights.
While there are many new features available with Optimized Presentation tables, there are some limitations which may impact how the table receives information. In the event of any issues, it is recommended to switch to the standard table through the Builder panel and clear the selection for Optimized Presentation.
See the SAP Help on Beta Table Features and Limitations for a full list of features and limitations.
Analytics Platform Services
We've introduced navigation improvements to the overall product design to simplify how you interact with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- A more accessible side navigation is faster to use and responsive to your needs. Enjoy one-click access to your tools and make use of flexible display options to get the most out of your screen space.
- Consistent start pages to let you browse your recent files or create new content from the same place. A streamlined breadcrumb navigation provides a fast and easy way to find your files and folders.
- Content creation shortcuts let you quickly move from one part of the product to another without breaking flow. Create a new story based on an open model or launch directly into a planning workflow – make use of shortcuts for many common interactions.
If you’re on our quarterly release cycle, the new navigation experience is coming your way in our Q3 2021 release.
For additional resources on the upcoming interfaces changes on SAP Analytics Cloud, see the following:
- IT Handbook – Design Changes for SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
- Webinar – Discover the New Product Navigation for SAP Analytics Cloud
- Blog – Meet the New SAP Analytics Cloud
- Video – Meet the New SAP Analytics Cloud
Add-in for Microsoft Office
For more extensive information on what's new for SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office, please see the relevant help article.
SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office now supports value sorting in default, ascending, or descending states.
In addition to the arrow icons in the table, you now have the Hierarchy option in the ribbon to expand and collapse hierarchy nodes. Depending on the selected cell, you can expand (or collapse) the current node or all nodes of a dimension.
In the filter dialog, you have now a Search field to search for members in the Available Members list.