Today, it’s more apparent than ever that an enterprise’s success depends heavily on effective HR operations and an empowered workforce. As an HR team-member, you know that a huge part of your role is to provide insight into the workforce and support strategic decision-making.
If you have already implemented SAP SuccessFactors to enhance your HR processes, you've hopefully checked out the new embedded SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics solutions.
But, what if you want to go beyond the high-level analytics capabilities you have today? What if you want to bring all your data systems together in a simplified way that summarizes your HR information into meaningful insights? This is where integrating the Enterprise version of SAP Analytics Cloud solution can help take your HR department to the next level.
Interested in trying SAP Analytics Cloud for yourself? Sign up for your free 90-day trial.
Meet Jasmine: An HR Manager and Avid SuccessFactors User
Let's look at Jasmine, an experienced HR Manager at Best Run Bikes. You can often find Jasmine spending time outdoors, whether that’s biking, hiking, or simply enjoying the fresh air. However, during the day, Jasmine is running her HR team—supporting Best Run Bikes with managing their employee experience.
A big part of Jasmine’s job is creating Headcount Plans, focusing on assessing and managing headcount and tenure, diversity, salary and performance, and employee satisfaction. However, lately, Jasmine has run into a few roadblocks when generating these reports:
- Data spread across multiple systems: To create her report, Jasmine relies on data spanning headcount, talent management, payroll, recruiting, and more. Best Run Bikes has data spread across several systems with no standardized approach to merging or summarizing the data. This has led to data siloes and as a result, data inaccuracies, impacting the time it takes for Jasmine to generate these reports and make quality HR decisions.
- Receiving information in a timely-manner: In the fast-paced world of HR, Jasmine is very busy. She doesn’t have time to sift through large datasets to find the answers she’s looking for. Jasmine needs instant insights that communicate the main influencing factors related to Currently, retrieving and analyzing information is a slow process, making it impossible to respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Difficulty detecting trends and acting in the moment: As an HR Manager, Jasmine is focused on positioning her HR department as a fact-based, strategic partner for Best Run Bikes. This is why it’s fundamental that Jasmine detects future outcomes, such as flight risk or salary budget, to help inform, influence, and improve business strategies across the organization. Unfortunately, Jasmine doesn’t have the right tools to discover possible future outcomes.
SAP Analytics Cloud to Save the Day
Jasmine has tried the embedded analytics capabilities through her current SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics Solution. Seeing the vast benefits of analytics to her HR landscape, Jasmine decided to take her HR analytics a step further by upgrading to the full version of SAP Analytics Cloud.
Interested in learning more about SAP's Embedded and Enterprise Strategy for SuccessFactors? Read the blog.
Consolidate data across the enterprise creating one source of truth
To tackle her first problem, Jasmine starts by connecting all of her finance and HR data to her SAP Analytics Cloud tenant through an import data connection. SAP Analytics Cloud also integrates with many other SAP and third-party solutions—helping Jasmine gain a harmonized view of all her data sources.
Now, with the seamless connection between her SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Analytics Cloud solutions, Jasmine can fully integrate data from across the enterprise into one consolidated solution—promoting data governance and establishing an enterprise-wide single version of truth.
Leverage free HR Headcount Business Content
To start making sense of her streamlined data, Jasmine decides to take advantage of the vast content network in SAP Analytics Cloud. This network includes templates for visualizations, stories, models, and more. This way, Jasmine doesn’t need to create her entire Headcount Planning report from scratch—and spend time on higher-value added areas such as generating insights and reporting.
Harness Powerful Data Visualizations and Advanced Analytics
Once Jasmine has opened her pre-built HR Headcount dashboard, she can dive right into analyzing her data with advanced visualizations. Looking at the various charts, Jasmine can analyze time-offs year to date, training spends, details on diversity, Hire and Attrition trends, and so much more. She can drill-down and apply filters to these visualizations to gain additional information on specific countries or locations.
One aspect that Jasmine immediately notices is that most training is focused on Managers and Accounts and it seems like not enough training is provided to young newcomers. She deduces that this may be the reason behind low performance and eventual exit of young employees. Jasmine can then use this information to guide decision-making towards creating new training programs for young employees.
Unlock Meaningful Insights with Augmented Analytics
To unlock further insights, Jasmine takes advantage of SAP Analytics Cloud’s artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. Harnessing the power of Smart Insights, Jasmine can quickly understand the top contributors of a specific data point without manually slicing and dicing her data. Then, using the natural language query feature, Search to Insight, Jasmine can ask questions about her data such as:
- What is the target attrition per quarter?
- What is the target attrition per age group?
- What is the total salary and bonus total by age group?
Search to Insight provides answers using charts or numeric values based on the question typed, which Jasmine can add to her current dashboard. This enables Jasmine to get the information she needs to make data-based decisions on the fly.
Predict Future Outcomes
Imagine bringing together your headcount plan and actual data in one place, to enable continuous, event-based churn and budget forecasting instead of annual or quarterly planning cycles. Jasmine can make this a reality with SAP Analytics Cloud’s predictive capabilities. Here, Jasmine is interested in predicting employee churn. Using Smart Predict, she notices that meaningful management conversation has the highest contribution on churn—leading Jasmine to decide to promote more conversations between managers and employees across the company.
Now, Jasmine has the tools to better anticipate unpredictable losses by forecasting the probability of leaving and researching key influencing factors to take immediate action.
By leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud, Jasmine has solved all her challenges and more! She has been able to position HR as a strategic asset to the business as well as set Best Run Bikes up for future success—all through the power of the SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Analytics Cloud integration.
Interested in seeing what SAP Analytics Cloud has to offer? Try your free 90-day trial today!